What to Pack for Student Housing When You Study Medicine in the Caribbean
Whether you come from Orlando, Kansas City, or Ottawa, going to school in St. Kitts is sure to be an exciting new experience. You will want to make sure that you have all of the items you regularly depend on when you are at home. Remember to bring the essentials along, such as medicine, vitamins, money, and some kind of a box with a lock for securing valuables.
When you are getting ready to study at Windsor University School of Medicine (WUSOM), you will likely be utilizing student housing. WUSOM offers a variety of fully furnished housing options for our medical students, so you will not need to worry about buying furniture. Whether you choose student accommodations or stay elsewhere, you will need to pack a variety of necessities.
If you pack some of the most important study tools for your stay in St. Kitts, you will spare yourself the time and trouble of hunting them down once you are here. The more time you can devote to studying and enjoying the gorgeous Caribbean setting, the better! Here are the top 5 study items you may want to bring with you:
Top 5 Study Tools to Pack for Your Stay in Caribbean Medical School Housing
- Wall Calendar or Paper Planner – No matter how much you might utilize an electronic calendar at home, a paper calendar or planner may be very useful for a medical student. You will need to keep track of many details while you are in medical school, from exam dates to important school events. When you can easily glance at your planner or calendar, you will be more organized and efficient overall. This item will also be helpful if your Wi-Fi connection fails temporarily.
- Whiteboard – A whiteboard is another tool that could prove quite useful. You can write down academic goals for the day, week, month or year. A whiteboard may also be relied on as a visual aid when you are studying. Remember to pack dry erase markers and an eraser (to save money, you might substitute a clean cloth for the eraser).
- Index Cards – Index cards are another top studying aid for college students. You can make inexpensive flash cards when studying for tests. They are easy to carry with you at school, and they will consume very little room in your suitcase. If you write on them with pencil, you might use the same index cards repeatedly.
- Sticky Notes – Sticky notes are invaluable as a study aid. Like index cards, they do not take up much space. The very small note size is perfect for marking tentative dates on your calendar.
- Stackable Trays – These may be purchased quite inexpensively in dollar stores and discount outlets. Use them to store important papers, pens and pencils, rubber bands, paperclips, and many of the other small items you keep on your desk.